Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Beginning

The day before our departure we traveled from Austin to Dallas.  We spent the night at my uncle's house so we would not miss our flight.  We woke up at 5 a.m. and went to D.F.W. Airport to board a flight to Vancouver, Canada.  We had a layover in Denver and our connecting plane was delayed.  We were watching the time, so we knew we would not make it on time to board the cruise ship before it set sail.  Thankfully, there were more than twenty people on our flight who had tickets for our cruise,  so the ship departure was delayed.  After waiting four hours, the plane finally arrived.

We hurried off the plane and ran to the bus that took us to the ship. During the bus ride, I could not stop staring at the landscape with all of its beautiful mountains.  After a few minutes, we arrived at the ship and boarded.  The ship's name was the Ryndam, owned by Holland America.  It was my first time on a cruise ship so I had no idea what to expect.

I felt the ship move as we pushed back from the dock into the ocean.  I watched from the upper deck, taking pictures with my camera, as the landscape and city passed.  I saw many mountains and a few lighthouses.  The scenery looked like something out of a movie.

The top picture is Vancouver taken from the Ryndam.  The following picture is of mountains taken from the airplane window.   

1 comment:

  1. Well that sounds like a stressful beginning to a vacation! By the way, there were a couple of errors in your blog:
    2nd line- no should be not
    2nd to last line- fallowing should be following

    I just happened to notice them and Dr. Bayless told us to let each other know so we could correct any mistakes. Feel free to do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete