Wednesday, June 8, 2011

About my blog

This blog will account for the trip I took to Alaska and the Yukon with my family.  I will go into detail about the truly unique towns that I visited and the amazing sites that I saw.  I will explain the wonderful excursions I had the opportunity to take in some towns.

The trip lasted about two weeks and we traveled by plane, cruise ship, train, bus, and boat.  We started our vacation on a cruise ship, the Ryndam.  We stayed on the ship for three days and then traveled on land for the remainder of the time.  The places we got to visit were Carcoss, Dawson City, Denali, Eagle, Fairbanks, Juneau, Skagway, Prince William Sound, and Anchorage.

Even though, the trip took place during the summer the temperature never got above forty degrees so we had to wear jackets the whole time.  Visiting Alaska and the Yukon was a wonderful experience.  Alaska is by far my favorite state and one day I hope to go back.  

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Alaska and see all the cool things there. I look forward to getting some travel tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to travel and have always wanted to go to Alaska as well! I'm interested to read about how great of a trip you had!

    ReplyDelete